Lower School Openings
Position: Lower School Teacher’s Aide
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy, Kansas City’s only K-12 Jewish community day school, seeks to hire an enthusiastic educator to serve as a general studies teacher in the Lower School.
The successful candidate will:
- have a Bachelor’s degree and background working with children
- have a genuine interest in working with Lower School students and teachers
- be collaborative and flexible
- be responsible in following a schedule and being on time
- have experience working with students at the Elementary Level
- demonstrate an energetic approach to collaborative work
- be committed to professional growth
- understand the importance of social and emotional growth as well as academic within a school setting
Qualifications: Education degree [preferred], experience working with Lower School students
Application Process: Please complete the online application via the link below or mail in resume with cover letter and a list of references to 5801 W. 115th Street, Overland Park, KS 66211
K-12 Music Teacher
Teaching music at Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy is a unique opportunity to join a special community of educators. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, HBHA is a student-centered school which affords teachers the freedom to be creative and innovative, with support and guidance from their administrators. Teachers are an integral part of the school and beloved by the HBHA families. HBHA is a school that seeks to empower teachers to bring their full selves to work, rather than asking them to simply read a lesson plan. HBHA is truly an exceptional work environment, and as such, we are seeking an exceptional K-12 music teacher.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong background in music with knowledge in both secular and Jewish music
- Have experience teaching music to school-aged students
- Provide students with an education in Jewish and secular Studies songs as well as music theory
- Have a strong knowledge base of teaching instruments such as ukuleles, percussion instruments and woodwinds, including but not limited to the recorder, trombone, flute, and clarinet
- Have knowledge and/or experience in teaching choral music and leading a choir
- Have strong classroom management strategies and excellent communication skills
- Inspire a love of music that will continue through Middle and Upper School
- Be committed to professional growth and professional sharing
- Work collaboratively with members of the grade level team as well as administration, students, and families
Qualifications: Education and/or Music degree, teaching license preferred, experience teaching music to school-aged students.
If you are:
- A thoughtful and reflective educator, or who is a life-long learner and wants to continually improve your practice.
- A team player, willing to support others and be supported by others in an environment that cherishes community, teamwork, and cross curricular innovation.
- An excellent communicator and willing to work in partnership with parents, teachers, and students in the best interest of the children.
- Someone who thrives without being micromanaged, while still being open to ideas from peers and administrators
- Someone open to working in a Jewish environment in which Jewish (and human) values, traditions, and holidays are woven seamlessly into the day
- A teacher who values teaching the whole child, not just the three Rs
Then please apply below:
Please complete the online application; or mail in application with cover letter and a list of references to
Dr. Jessica Kyanka-Maggart, 5801 W. 115th Street, Overland Park, KS 66211
HBHA may be the place for you! We offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A warm and supportive work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- A chance to develop the craft of teaching