Part-time Resource Teacher
A General Studies Resource Teacher at Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy will be able to create and implement multisensory lessons for identified students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Students will work with the resource teacher in a small group or one-on-one setting. Applicants must have strong communication skills and be able to regularly communicate observations and progress with teachers and parents. The resource teacher will work directly with the Director of Lower School Student Services.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in a school setting
- Must demonstrate knowledge in working with students with special needs
- A desire to learn and grow professionally
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to Wendy Snitz, [email protected].
Middle/Upper School Jewish Studies Teacher
Our middle and high school Jewish Studies teaching position is a unique opportunity to join a special community of educators at Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy in Overland Park, Kansas. We are a teacher-centered school that provides freedom for teachers to be creative and innovative, with support and guidance from administrators. Teachers are an integral part of our school and are beloved by the HBHA families.
We are seeking an exceptional middle and upper school teacher who is:
- An expert in Jewish texts, prayer, thought, history, and practice
- A spiritual, energetic, and creative Jewish leader
- A thoughtful and reflective educator who is a lifelong learner and wants to improve their practice continually
- A team player willing to support others and be supported in an environment that cherishes community, teamwork, and cross-curricular innovation
- An excellent communicator and willing to work in partnership with parents in the best interest of children and young adults
- Someone who thrives without being micromanaged, while still being open to ideas from peers and administrators
HBHA may be the place for you! We offer:
- Salary range: $40,000-$60,000
- A competitive benefits package
- A warm and supportive work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- A chance to develop the craft of teaching
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- Knowledge of 21st-century skills, differentiated instruction, modeling, and project-based learning
- Robust classroom management strategies and excellent communication skills
- The ability to inspire a love of learning that will continue throughout school
- A commitment to professional growth and professional sharing
- The ability to work collaboratively with members of the grade level team, administration, students, and families
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and teaching experience preferred
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Zohar Flacks, Director of Jewish Education, at [email protected]
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy (HBHA) welcomes your application for the School Rabbi position at our K-12 Jewish Day School, located in Overland Park, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. Known as the "City of Fountains" and "Paris of the Midwest," Kansas City has been voted one of the top ten places to raise a family due to its cost of living affordability and excellent school system.
HBHA is a community day school with two separate Jewish Studies tracks: Matimidim, for families looking for an Orthodox approach to education, and Magshimim, which is an egalitarian, pluralistic approach to Jewish education. We are searching for an exceptional candidate to guide our Jewish Studies program, who will report directly to the Head of School.
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy’s mission states that we strive to cultivate a generation of Jewish independent and ethical thinkers, determined to reach their greatest potential and have a positive impact on our people and the world. Our ISACS-accredited school has been serving the Greater Kansas City Jewish community since 1966 and works in partnership with our parents and students to support the emotional, spiritual, academic, and physical growth of our students. We provide a nurturing, collaborative, and joy-filled Jewish environment where students can grow into their best selves.
We are seeking a candidate who possesses:
- Extensive knowledge of Judaism with the ability to teach Torah and Talmud
- A vision for and ability to further enhance HBHA’s joyful Jewish life at school
- The ability to ensure the highest quality of programming in Jewish life that also respects the pluralistic nature of our community; includes working with a diverse student, faculty, and parent body, representing all denominations of Judaism
- Ability to build bridges and advocate for the needs of families and students from all branches of Judaism
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Jewish Day Schools (includes 3-5 years teaching and/or administrative role)
- Master’s degree in Education and knowledge of current best practices in education
- Connect and deepen Jewish engagement and learning across the spectrum of Jewish practices and beliefs
- Inspire and engage students, faculty, and staff to find meaning and joy in the study and practice of Judaism
- Work collaboratively with HBHA’s General Studies principals, Director of Jewish Education, and Head of School to guide the ongoing delivery of curriculum and programming
- Lead a strategic visioning process to review the current approach to curriculum and programming
- Serve as the Rav Bet Sefer, a religious and spiritual guide for the HBHA community; offer Divrei Torah for community events
- Help articulate and implement policy decisions related to Jewish life
- Teach classes/tutor students as identified by the Head of School
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $85,000-$100,000
- Comprehensive benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Additional Benefits: Tuition discount, 403(b) retirement participation and employer match, PTO, professional development opportunities, and much more
- Relocation benefits available
- An amazing HBHA community to support you and grow with you
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Physical demands include dexterity for office machine/supply operation including but not limited to computer, telephone, copy machine, facsimile, and printers. Stooping, bending, etc. are also required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- HBHA is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. It is the policy of HBHA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants.
To apply for this position, please send the following items to Adam Tilove, HBHA Head of School at [email protected]:
- Cover Letter
- Educational Philosophy
- Leadership Statement
- 3 References