Middle School Grades 6-8
At Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy, Middle School teachers, students, and families work together to create an atmosphere that is developmentally appropriate and promotes healthy academic, social, and emotional growth. In our unique Middle School program, students are taught to be academically responsible and self-reliant within a nurturing environment. Students are supported in their individual self-discovery and development of responsibilities to the greater community (tzedakah, mitzvot, tikkun olam) during this time in their lives.
Our goal is empowering our students to thrive academically and achieve their potential as they prepare for the rigors of Upper School and beyond.
Your Middle School student benefits from:
- An educational program and curriculum specifically designed for this age group
- Low teacher-to-student ratios
- Dual-language immersion (Hebrew)
- Mentoring Program for social/emotional growth
- Individualized attention
- Development of lifelong confidence and leadership skills
- Experiential field trips with overnight camping trips in grades 6 and 8
- Math placement based on achievement
- A variety of elective courses, including art, graphic design, drama, PE, music, band, and Jewish Studies
- Extracurricular activities, including (no cut) sports, student council
- Innovative Technology in the classroom: All Middle School students receive a Chromebook for academic use during the school year