Upper School Grades 9-12
Upper School is a pivotal time in our students' development. During the Upper School years, HBHA strives to help students discover who they are as young adults and gives them the freedom, guidance, and confidence to develop their own pathways to achieving their dreams.
Each Upper School student receives ongoing instruction to help create his or her own individualized track, including college guidance. Students continue to benefit from our strong academics—they are taught “beyond the test,” through hands-on academic, social justice and extracurricular opportunities.
Our Upper School is structured to empower students to achieve their greatest potential, exposing them to Jewish ethics and instilling confidence and leadership skills. They learn to advocate for themselves, become mentschen, and work in partnership with adults around them to achieve their lifelong goals.
Your Upper School student benefits from:
- A rigorous college preparatory program (100% of our graduates go on to college)
- Access to a variety of AP Courses for juniors and seniors
- Individualized Upper School experience and personalized college guidance
- Academic Achievement: Upper School Students are routinely recognized as National Merit Scholars and Finalists, President’s Award for Academic Excellence and National Honor Society members
- Mentoring Program
- Social Justice educational opportunities
- A variety of elective courses: Art, Music, Tech Club, Drama, RampageWired Online Student News Source, Jewish Literature, Yearbook, Creative Writing, Yoga, Genetics, Jewish Philosophy, Modern Israel, and many more
- Extracurricular activities: No Cut Sports - Basketball, Cross-Country, Soccer, and Tennis, Moot Beit Din Mock Jewish Court competition, Student Council, National Honor Society, Environment Club, Class Trips: The Jewish Heritage Trip to Israel and Poland and the Civil Rights Tour of the South
- Innovative Technology in the classroom (we are a Bring Your Own Device or BYOD school)