Welcome to the home of the HBHA Rams!
Core Values of HBHA Athletics
HBHA follows the NAIA Champions of Character initiative. Our student athletes and coaches follow this initiative by demonstrating five core values on and off the field. Each year, one senior student athlete is chosen as a Champion of Character at the end of the sports season. This athlete joins other Champion of Character athletes from around the Kansas City metro area at the NAIA National Basketball Tournament at downtown Municipal Auditorium for a special awards ceremony.
The five core values that HBHA Athletics embody are:
- Integrity: positive internal traits that guide behavior.
- Respect: treating others the way the individual wishes to be treated - with compassion and respect.
- Responsibility: the social force that binds the individual to the good of the team.
- Sportsmanship: following the rules, spirit and etiquette of athletic competition.
- Servant Leadership: serving the greater good of the team and the community.
Middle School Athletics
Middle School athletics is open to all HBHA students in grades 5-8. Our Middle School teams play in the Metropolitan Private School League, which consists of private schools from around the Kansas City metro area. Check out the links below for more league information.
- Game locations http://www.teamsideline.com/sites/mpsl/locations
- Schedules http://www.teamsideline.com/sites/mpsl/schedules
- FAQs, http://www.teamsideline.com/sites/mpsl/home
Upper School Athletics
At the Upper School level, our teams compete in the Great Plains Athletic Conference. Games are scheduled with teams in the league as well as with other public and private school teams in the Kansas City metro area.
Varsity soccer teams typically play 8-12 games during a regular season. Basketball teams typically play 18-25 games during a regular season. Varsity basketball teams also participate in Jewish Upper School basketball tournaments once a year outside of the Kansas City metro area. Tournament locations vary year to hear, but have included Boston, Houston, Baltimore and New York City.
MS/US Cross Country teams typically run between 6-8 meets per year, while also hosting an HBHA meet at Paige Field on the Sprint Campus.
At-a-Glance: HBHA Sports by Season
Boys & Girls, grades 5-12: Winter
Boys Varsity/Middle School: Fall
Girls Varsity/Middle School: Spring
Boys & Girls, grades 5-12: Fall
Girls, grades 5-12: Fall
Boys, grades 5-12: Spring
For more information regarding HBHA Athletics contact Austin Benton, Athletic Director, at (913) 327-8162.