Our purpose and passion at HBHA is to develop in each child a love of learning. Equally important, we provide a variety of opportunities to develop leadership that is community and service-oriented as well as learning for its own sake. We strive to hone each student's unique attributes both interpersonally and for future professions.
As a Jewish, co-educational college preparatory school, we educate students with a rigorous Jewish and general studies curriculum in grades K-12. Students learn to value the tradition of their Jewish heritage while receiving preparation to meet contemporary societal challenges.
Lower School Grades K-5
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy offers a unique environment in which students are challenged academically within a warm, nurturing environment. Featuring low teacher-to-student ratios, our school treats each student as an individual, and as a valued member of our close-knit community. Our faculty and administration gets to know every student as a person and a learner, empowering our students to thrive academically and providing them a values-based structure within which they can learn to make good choices.
Your Lower School student benefits from:
- A whole-child approach to education, with teaching teams dedicated to the behavioral, emotional, and academic development of each child.
- Implementation of Conscious Discipline strategies
- based on current brain research, child development information and effective educational practices
- we use everyday life events to teach self-control, conflict resolution, character development, social skills and appropriate peer interactions.
- Everyday Mathematics program, a spiraling curriculum used in grades K-6
- Wonders Reading program that offers students in grades K-6 a comprehensive scope and sequence to the development of reading, writing, and critical thinking skills
- Dual-language studies (Hebrew immersion starting in Kindergarten)
- Commitment to Jewish values through study and practice
- Student services to support the spectrum of learning styles and abilities (from academic support to gifted education)
- Innovative technology integration and best practices in technology-based education (iPads and/or Chromebooks)
- Mitzvah and experiential learning field trips